[jbosstools-dev] New git repository for soa tests

Andrej Podhradsky apodhrad at redhat.com
Thu Jan 31 07:42:04 EST 2013

Hi folks,

what do you think about having new git repository for SOA related bot tests?

SOA tests include bpel, jbpm, modeshape, teiid designer etc. And these components are independently released.
Now, the soa tests are in jbosstools-integration-tests together with jbt core tests.

The problem is that the next soa release will be for juno, so I'm developing tests under Juno.
It means committing to jbosstools-4.0.x branch while people for JBT core commit to the master branch (Kepler).
But what happens when I start developing soa tests for Kepler? Possibly commit my juno changes to kepler branch.
What happens when there is another eclipse release? It seams that I will be still behind the master branch :(

Another reason is that soa tests have nothing in common with core tests. Everyone is still dividing the tools into core and soa.

So, lets start discussing about pros and cons ;-)

Have a nice day!

--
Andrej Podhradsky
Quality Assurance Associate