[jbosstools-dev] Help: Applying PRs to two branches

Michelle Murray mmurray at redhat.com
Wed Jul 24 04:16:34 EDT 2013

Can anyone instruct me how to apply a PR to two branches?

So I made a PR with some changes. I applied that to master branch. All good.

But I want to also apply the changes in the PR to 4.1.x. But master and 4.1.x are out of sync. When I try to apply my PR, github wants to ap ply all of the previous changes to make the branches the same before applying my changes. I only want to apply my changes.

If you can follow what I'm saying, can you advice what do I need to do? (Or where I've gone wrong!)

Thanks,
Michelle