[jbosstools-dev] JBoss Tools 4.1.x, 4.2.0, and beyond!

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Tue Jul 30 12:46:50 EDT 2013

A while ago I sent an email saying that your projects' master branch
should be used for new development work aimed at Eclipse 4.4 (Luna, June
2014).

However, it appears that we may be doing a second release on Kepler this
year.

Therefore, please set up your branches as follows:

* master branch: new features & bugfixes, to be included in JBoss Tools
4.2, aimed at Eclipse 4.3.1 (Kepler SR1). Be sure to upversion your
features/plugins appropriately (eg., 4.1.100 or 4.2.0 as required)

* jbosstools-4.1.x branch aimed at MAINTENANCE ONLY BUGFIXES for JBT
4.1.1 (again, on Kepler). Be sure to upversion your features/plugins
appropriately (eg., 4.1.1)

If you are keen to try Luna [1] once its first M1 milestone releases on
August 23, please create a temporary branch, perhaps called
"jbosstools-luna", in which you can experiment with Eclipse 4.4
compliance/compatibilty. This release will likely be called JBoss Tools 4.3.

Questions or concerns, please talk to Denis, Fred, Max or Mickael. As a
reminder, I'll be on PTO from Wed, Jul 31 - Sun, Aug 11, with limited
internet access.

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Luna/Simultaneous_Release_Plan#Schedule