[jbosstools-dev] Locus Repository Usage

Rob Cernich rcernich at redhat.com
Wed Jul 31 13:00:58 EDT 2013

Hey all,

Recently, the JBTIS builds were broken and after a little analysis it appears the culprit is Locus.  After looking at how JBTIS is using Locus, I'm wondering if the target files for JBTIS are incorrect.

Currently, the target files declare specific artifact versions, but specify the root locus repository URL.  Besides the fact that the JBTIS TP is pointing to the "integration" repository for Locus, I'm wondering if it would be better if we pointed at a specific version of Locus and simply specified the artifacts without version.  This would require less maintenance of the TP and should make the build more stable.  That said, the solution would only work if it is acceptable to version the dependencies based on a specific version of Locus.  Is this acceptable?

Reference: https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-integration-stack/blob/master/target-platform/integration-stack-base.target#L10-34
Specific plugin versions would go to 0.0.0, while the repository URL would go to .../stable/locus/<some-version>.

Thanks in advance,
Rob