[jbosstools-dev] Download API

Rob Stryker rstryker at redhat.com
Thu Jun 6 07:52:03 EDT 2013

Do not use the new version in Common. It will *very* quickly be moved to
a new plugin called 'foundation' which will have minimal dependencies.

Once the new foundation is approved, you may use any methods in the
PUBLIC packages. If there is any code you need access to which is NOT
api, you should immediately open two jiras:  1) an api request for
foundation, and 2) a jira (linked) that will remind you to update your
code and clean up ALL the legacy in it.

However, we are currently blocking on the creation of foundation. I
expect it to happen for b2.

I know this stuff is hard, and I've noticed legacy code everywhere
because others still use it. This will be a challenge in the future, to
'forcefully' migrate consumers of deprecated api and then to remove old
stuff safely. But this needs to be done or all of our plugins will be
gigantic with copy-pasted code everywhere.

It is very rare people open up api request issues. I've rarely seen it.
People prefer to just subclass or extend or take control themselves. But
opening api request jiras is the only sustainable way to fix this
problem in the long term.

Please list what your arquillian tooling depends on so that we can know
for the planning.

- Rob Stryker