[jbosstools-dev] Upcoming changes in Target Platform: Kepler RC3

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Wed Jun 12 02:47:44 EDT 2013

On 06/11/2013 08:35 PM, Alexey Kazakov wrote:
> On 06/11/2013 10:11 AM, Mickael Istria wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Here is the PR to move target-platforms to Kepler RC3:
>> https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-target-platforms/pull/5
>> Please test it on your favorite component using the following steps
>> from you jbosstools-target-platform repo:
>>   $ git remote add mickael
>> git://github.com/mickaelistria/jbosstools-target-platforms.git
>>   $ git fetch mickael keplerRC3
> instead of $ git fetch mickael keplerRC3, right?
I forgot a git checkout FETCH_HEAD. Also in order to test, one has to
INSTALL the target platform, not only verify it.
So what I recommand is:
   # Git stuff, do it as you want
   $ git remote add mickael
git://github.com/mickaelistria/jbosstools-target-platforms.git
   $ git fetch mickael keplerRC3
   $ git checkout FETCH_HEAD
   # Install TP locally
   $ cd jbosstools/multiple
   $ mvn clean install -P \!multiple2repo
   # Then test it on your component
   $ cd ~/git/jbosstools-myfavoritecomponent
   $ mvn clean verify -P multiple.target

But there are many ways to achieve the same goal, which is to install
the newer mutliple.target locally and then try a build locally. If you
have another git workflow you feel better with, feel free to use it.

--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat <http://www.jboss.org/tools>