[jbosstools-dev] ACTIONS REQUIRED :: Branching today for CR1 and future 4.1.x releases

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Thu Jun 27 11:49:57 EDT 2013

Today is CODE AND FEATURE FREEZE for the upcoming JBT 4.1.0 / JBDS 7.0.0
releases.

Project leads are required to (at some point today) do the following 5
steps:

a) switch their project's root pom to point at the JBT parent pom
version 4.1.0.CR1 (not Beta2 or Beta3).

b) rebuild locally to verify everything still works w/ the updated
parent pom + target platform

c) read the build log to verify that the TP used is Beta1, and pulls
Kepler R bits (rather than an Alpha TP with pre-release Kepler bits)

d) create a branch in their project called jbosstools-4.1.x, which will
be used to build CR1, CRx, GA, and future maintenance.

e) reply to this thread confirming that you're branched and ready for
CR1 builds to begin this weekend.

---

Since we are frozen for CR1 today, please keep your changes in the 4.1.x
branch to a MINIMUM. CRITICAL / BLOCKER issues only, vetted by at least
1 other person via JIRA + PR review. Other issues still open against
your component should be triaged out to the next release (4.1.1 or
4.2.x, as fitting).

---

After branching, master branch will be open for 4.2.x development
against Eclipse 4.4 (Luna), but we will not have a Luna-based target
platform for some time. You can also work on 4.1.x / 7.0.x bugfixes
there, but please track which ones will need to be backported to 4.1.x /
7.0.x maintenance releases.

After we release 4.1.0.Final / 7.0.0.GA, the 4.1.x branch will reopen
for MAINTENANCE FIXES ONLY, and any approved bugfixes done in master
which need to be backported to the .x branch can be done AT THAT TIME.

---

Any questions or concerns with this plan, please don't hesitate to ping
me, Mickael, Max, or Denis, or reply to this thread.

Cheers,

Nick