[jbosstools-dev] Why does update/kepler now point to Alpha2 ?

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Mon Mar 25 13:52:16 EDT 2013

On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 12:53:20PM -0400, Nick Boldt wrote:
>Traditionally, every time a significant change was done to the TP, you
>asked that we upversion it so that we could diff the versions. Had I
>replaced Alpha2's contents with M6 bits, you would no doubt have
>complained that I was overwriting instead of creating new snapshots.

Remember there are two parts here;

A) the .target file

B) the published .target repository built from .target

As long as the content is -SNAPSHOT we are now (since we are using *released* i.e. non-snapshot target platforms in parent pom's now)
you can overwrite the content of the published site.

But I would say we still should be careful publish the snapshots blindly since
it is more or less unnecessary churn for you and download.jboss.org/jenkins to spend time on IMO.

Thats why I was doing attempt over the weekend to document how I think this should work but could
not get the build to work when using the google ADT site so if you could give your insight on to
why that would be failing that would be great :)

>Does it really matter as long as the version goes up?

No need to have the version goes up if we haven't released it yet.