[jbosstools-dev] JBT 4.0.1.CR1a / JBDS 6.0.1.CR1a built with older target platform 4.22.1 instead of 4.22.2

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Wed Mar 27 00:57:48 EDT 2013

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 11:50:06PM -0400, Nick Boldt wrote:
>On 03/26/2013 06:15 PM, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>>>new Juno-based 4.22.2 target platform listed in the parent pom was NOT
>>>used to run the jobs for 4.0.1.CR1a / 6.0.1.CR1a.
>>Which jobs was it exactly this was missed in ?
>
>All of them. Templated jobs == global mistakes when important steps
>like this are missed. :(

ah - I was imagining the builds doing the aggregation was not having any explicit
override but using the released/specific TP version; but yeah - if the -Dtpc.version
is set on *every* job then yeah. Need to think how to fix that.

>>An idea i've had lately is actually that we have tests for the various
>>TP changes
>>to verify the version we think is in there is actually in there. Then it
>>would
>>not wait until after the build to be noticed.
>
>Sounds like a reasonable idea, but what would you test?

Add a test to the aggregation; i.e. validate content of the site.

Could be a basic teest for bundle version matching or even better actually
have a test that verifies the updated TP actually fixes a bug; but that
might be tricky to do in many cases :(

> The JBDS
>installer content? The build logs? Because only JBDS installers
>*include* the TP; the rest simply refer to it (in the logs) when
>building and testing. And if it was OK in JBDS installer build but
>wrong elsewhere, testing the installer wouldn't conclusively prove
>that you also built the projects or the JBT aggregate using the
>correct TP version(s).

We don't need to validate the projects was *built* with this specific TP;
we just need to run the tests against this TP.

>>for that.
>
>That's a mailing list. Did you mean a new JIRA?

bad paste, meant: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-13869

/max