[jbosstools-dev] Funkyness with .target using google adt site

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Thu Mar 28 12:27:48 EDT 2013

> On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 11:21:01PM -0400, Nick Boldt wrote:
>> On 03/27/2013 09:08 PM, Max Andersen wrote:
>>> Were you able to run mvn install on my repo without any errors ?
>> Yes - which is why I said I could not reproduce your error.
> very weird.

Are you using Tycho 0.16 or 0.17?

> Thats fine but this is not something that should be run blindly since
> you might inadvertenly update
> dependency versions you did not expect.

That's why the generated changes go into a different file:
jbosstools-multiple.target_fixedVersion.target vs.
jbosstools-multiple.target, so you can compare them.

>> "Massive overkill" only takes a few seconds. But if you know for sure
>> that the list of URLs and IUs in your target file are current and up
>> to date, then yes, it's an unnecessary step. You would therefore need
>> only steps 2 and 3:
> $ cd jbosstools
> $ mvn install
> -DtargetRepositoryUrl=file://path/to/jbosstools/multiple/target/jbosstools-multiple.target.repo/
> That should produce the same should it not ?

Yes, that is simpler. I've updated the doc [1].

[1]
https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-target-platforms/blob/4.30.x/README.md