[jbosstools-dev] JBTIS update site on JBoss Tools web site

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Tue May 7 18:21:57 EDT 2013

On Tue, May 07, 2013 at 03:10:06PM -0400, Nick Boldt wrote:
>Internal component URLs? Nope, they're composite site pointers to the
>latest aggregate sites.

yes - so they are internal urls - not stable/public ones (since just pointing to latest published)

>http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/integration/kepler/integration-stack/aggregate/
>

>http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/integration/juno/integration-stack/aggregate/
>

>And an aggregate can only contain ONE site, unless you mean via
><references> in its metadata, to additional upstream sites used to
>resolve missing dependencies (eg., the update site can point at its
>target platform site so that things like UML2 and Zest can be found).

If it only can contain one site why is it called "aggregate" and why should the name contain that ?

>Are you suggesting that
>http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/integration/juno/integration-stack/aggregate/4.0.0
>should not be the latest snapshot for 4.0.0, but rather a composite site
>pointing at the ACTUAL 4.0.0 site? Because if so, that's what
>http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/integration/juno/integration-stack/aggregate/
>is for. Obfuscating it a level further seems redundant.

no, im saying "aggregate" has no meaning here and a simpler/shorter/following our convention for
the jbosstools core site would be more fitting.

like: http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/{development|stable}/{juno|kepler}/integration-stack ?

Paul suggested http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/stable/integration-stack/kepler/
which is doable too. Quesiton is just if we want kepler/* to contain the sites, or if makes more
sense to have the "distro" first. I don't have a big preference here - I just prefer that we are consistent.
This url is also what should be used in central since it is what will be pointed to by users p2 metadata.

WDYT? (these sites can just be pointers to the internal component urls like the "aggregate" sites above assuming
they dont change - but wether the site is an aggregate or not seems rather irrelevant and noisy to put in the main
urls)

Any issues/concerns on this ?

/max