[jbosstools-dev] Running Maven tests against a pre-existing RCP application

Max Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Wed Nov 13 07:02:09 EST 2013

> On 13/11/2013, at 12.27, Mickael Istria <mistria at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> On 11/13/2013 12:15 PM, Max Andersen wrote:
>> Are we talking about the install that is used already have an install of the test plugin
> Yes, that's what we are talking about: when test plugin is a singleton, and a previous test already installed another version of this singleton in the install.
> It's not blocker usage, but it makes the feedback loop longer while writing/testing/debugging a test.

My expectations kinda was that the test run would cleanup after itself...

But I can see how that would be not always possible.

I think I'll try creating the install, run git init and commit everything. Then it should be close to instant to revert the test install.

Would be nice if tycho could have option to uninstall/revert what it installed.