[jbosstools-dev] ACTION REQUIRED: Upcoming code freeze for JBoss Tools 4.2 Alpha1 :: Thursday, November 28

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Wed Nov 20 11:53:47 EST 2013

I know we're barely half way through the testing cycle for JBT
4.1.1.CR1, but in order to be able to get a first Alpha for JBT 4.2 out
by year's end, we need to start looking at building JBT 4.2 on Luna ASAP.

To that end, Mickael will be producing a new Luna M3 target platform
this week - watch for that email w/ instructions. You can of course use
the current Luna M2 target platform if you're eager.

The goal is to test building your projects w/ Luna, so that if you're a
project who tends to be broken every year by upstream API changes in
platform or WTP (eg., hibernate tools), you can find those problems and
fix them ASAP. Or if necessary, report problems upstream.

If all goes to plan, the hope is to have a JBT 4.2.0.Alpha1 build by the
first week of December.

Stay tuned!