[jbosstools-dev] Upcoming change to Target Platform 4.40.Alpha1-SNAPSHOT: Luna M3

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Thu Nov 21 10:43:48 EST 2013

Hi all,

Here is a proposal for a new 4.40.0.Alpha1-SNAPSHOT target platform:
https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-target-platforms/pull/30 .
It consists in the following changes:
* JBIDE-16073: Move to Luna M3
** most projects have contributed a new M3 build
** SWT migrated to GTK+ 3, which is a major change on which one we
should provide feedback

Please review this PR and yell if there is anything shocking. You can
use the following stuff to try to build build the TP locally and try out
against your component:

Build target-platform:

   $ cd jbosstools-target-platforms
   $ git fetch mistria JBIDE-16073
   $ git checkout FETCH_HEAD
   $ cd jbosstools/multiple
   $ mvn clean install -P \!multiple2repo

Then, try to built your component with this local build of the
target-platform:

   $ cd /path/to/your/component
   $ mvn clean verify -Dtpc.version=4.40.0.Alpha1-SNAPSHOT -Pmultiple

In case you notice any issue for you component with Luna M3, create a
dedicated bug to track the migration, and link it as a dependency from
JBIDE-15639, so we now which projects require migration effort.
In case you're not working on JBoss Tools 4.1.1 any more, please make
the migration to Luna your top-priority before implementing new features
in 4.2.0.Alpha1, as we'd like to release a 4.2.0.Alpha1 soon, hopefully
against Luna.

Cheers,

--

Mickael Istria