[jbosstools-dev] Upcoming change to Target Platform 4.40.Alpha1-SNAPSHOT: Luna M3

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Mon Nov 25 14:33:53 EST 2013

On 11/25/2013 07:28 AM, Denis Golovin wrote:
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-packaging-plugin:0.19.0:package-plugin
> (default-package-plugin) on project org.jboss.tools.gwt.core: Error
> assembling JAR: Eclipse-SourceReferences header should be generated
> but ${tycho.scmUrl} is not set -> [Help 1]
This is because GWT component is somehow not maintained any more, it
would be easy to fix it just by adding the right tycho.scmUrl property.
Could you open a bug for that? Or directly submit a PR.

> forge fails with maven 3.1.1
>
>  /home/eskimo/Java/apache-maven-3.1.1/bin/mvn clean install
> -Dmaven.repo.local=.m2/luna-m3 -Dtpc.version=4.40.0.Alpha1-SNAPSHOT
> -Pmultiple.target -f forge/pom.xml -DtychoVersion=0.19.0
> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
> [WARNING] The POM for
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:jar:3.3 is invalid,
> transitive dependencies (if any) will not be available, enable debug
> logging for more details
> [ERROR] Internal error: java.lang.RuntimeException:
> org.apache.maven.MavenExecutionException: Could not setup plugin
> ClassRealm: Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.3 or
> one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact
> descriptor for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:jar:3.3: 1
> problem was encountered while building the effective model
> [ERROR] [FATAL] Non-readable POM
> /home/eskimo/Projects/jbds/jbosstools-submodules/.m2/luna-m3/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-site-plugin/3.3/maven-site-plugin-3.3.pom:
> input contained no data @
> [ERROR] -> [Help 1]
> org.apache.maven.InternalErrorException: Internal error:
> java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.maven.MavenExecutionException:
> Could not setup plugin ClassRealm
>     at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:164)
>     at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute(MavenCli.java:555)

I remember an issue with a Forge Maven plugin not being compatible with
some Maven versions: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGE-1034 . Not
sure it's related.
This log mentions the maven-site-plugin, which AFAIK is not used in
general. Do you know why this plugin is invoked?
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat <http://www.jboss.org/tools>