[jbosstools-dev] BuildContext in M2E Builders

Fred Bricon fbricon at redhat.com
Thu Oct 3 05:12:46 EDT 2013

m2e's incremental buildcontext is backed by an IResourceDelta which
references all files modified by a user, during an incremental build.
All files generated *during* the build, by build participants, mojo,
whatever, are not part of that initial delta.
I'm not sure it's possible to track all resources modified during the
build. Basically, all maven plugins would need to implement the
incremental build API for once, and all of them would need to tell the
build context what has changed, including for example all the compiled
classes. This would probably even require changes to the buildcontext
api.

I suggest you bring the discussion over to m2e-dev list, as I think
it's an interesting challenge.

Try to ping me on IRC, see if we can find a workaround for your
specific use case.

Fred