[jbosstools-dev] Required bundles and version restriction

Martin Malina mmalina at redhat.com
Fri Oct 4 08:09:21 EDT 2013

Hi,

I have a question that you might be able to answer. In RedDeer, we currently restrict the required versions of other reddeer bundles in manifests, such as:

Require-Bundle:
 org.jboss.reddeer.jface;bundle-version="0.4.0",
 org.jboss.reddeer.swt;bundle-version="0.4.0",
 org.jboss.reddeer.workbench;bundle-version="0.4.0",
 org.jboss.reddeer.junit;bundle-version="0.4.0"

in https://github.com/jboss-reddeer/reddeer/blob/master/plugins/org.jboss.reddeer.eclipse/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF

The reasoning for this version setting is to eliminate the risk of mixing different versions of RedDeer bundles that you may have installed in your local repository. What do you think about this? I didn't see any such thing in jbosstools source so I wonder if this is a real threat.

Thanks,
Martin

--
Martin Malina