[jbosstools-dev] [teiid-designer-users] Teiid Designer 8.2 Final released

phantomjinx p.g.richardson at phantomjinx.co.uk
Wed Oct 9 10:30:13 EDT 2013

> On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 01:03:30PM -0400, Barry Lafond wrote:
>> Teiid Designer 8.2 Final is now available
>>
>> This release improves our integration with the JBoss Server framework as well as improved
>> metadata import and VDB management support.
>
> nice - how do you detect if the teiid stuff is needed or not ? is it still always loaded on any
> eap/as7 server type no matter if teiid is running or how ?
>
> /max

Teiid is detected via the execution of a JSON request testing for the existence of the teiid
subsystem. This requires the jboss server to be running.

For 8.2 Final (and up until this morning while I have been experimenting), the 'Teiid Instance
Configuration' node in the server tree (in the
Server View) is a permanent feature. Its child will remain as a 'Not Connected' node. The Teiid
Instance tab in the Server Editor does update to
display a 'Teiid not installed' message once the server has been started.

However, my experiments have been successful in getting this node to disappear entirely once the
server starts (if teiid is unsupported) and
to magically appear (if teiid is supported).

Details:
The Teiid node is determined via the navigatorContent extension point and trigger points can be
placed on the implementation to determine whether
the content should be added or not. A trigger point testing whether the IServer instance can be
adapted to an ITeiidServer determines whether the
'Teiid Instance Configuration' node is displayed or not. Since the tree is refreshed when a server
is started/stopped this trigger point is
re-evaluated and the content updated accordingly.

This change will be part of 8.3.Final, which is pencilled in as the release to go forward as product.

hth

PGR

- --
Paul Richardson

  * p.g.richardson at phantomjinx.co.uk
  * p.g.richardson at redhat.com
  * pgrichardson at linux.com

"I know exactly who reads the papers ...

  * The Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run the country.
  * The Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country.
  * The Times is read by people who do actually run the country.
  * The Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country.
  * The Financial Times is read by the people who own the country.
  * The Morning Star is read by the people who think the country ought to be run by another country.
  * The Daily Telegraph is read by the people who think it is."

Jim Hacker, Yes Minister