[jbosstools-dev] Cordova help needed

Michelle Murray mmurray at redhat.com
Tue Oct 15 02:23:21 EDT 2013

I am documenting Mobile Hybrid Tools (essentially Cordova Tooling) and have run into some issues.
Can someone help please?

Workflow:
1. Create Mobile Hybrid project (project named 'asd')
2. Click Run as > Run on Android Emulator
-- got prompts about no available Android SDK

So
3. Install 'Android Development Tools' from JBoss Central
4. Under Preferences > Hybrid Mobile, in Android SDK Directory field point to newly installed Android SDK directory (/home/mmurray/JBDS/android-sdks)
5. Try again, Click Run as > Run on Android Emulator
-- now error prompt 'Launching asd (Android Emulator)' has encountered a problem. No Android AVDs are available'

Confirming this
6. Click Run as > Run Configurations
7. under Android > asd (Android Emulator), Virtual Device (AVD) list is empty

What have I not done? where have I gone wrong?

Help appreciated,
Michelle