[jbosstools-dev] Time to clean out the "soa-tooling" variables and profiles from the JBT parent pom (JBIDE-15683)

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Wed Oct 16 12:34:27 EDT 2013

I've recently noticed that we still have leftovers in the JBT parent pom
which refer to old soa-tooling URLs, many of which are out of date (eg.,
soatests/trunk site hasn't been updated since Nov 2012).

So, I'm wondering if it's safe to purge these variables from the parent
pom in both the 4.1.x and master branches. I've opened a JIRA [1] for
this request:

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-15683

My gut feeling is that all the Integration Stack projects are either
only dependent on the JBT parent pom itself, or depend on the IT target
platform and therefore need none of these vestigial soa-tooling
variables or profile.

Here are the PRs to approve:

https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-build/pull/118 (master)
https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-build/pull/119 (4.1.x)

*If you use* these variables, please let me know via the JIRA [1] using
a comment similar to this:

   "-1 to remove, project ____ uses so-tooling variable/profile ___ in
JBT parent pom. Please help me migrate to use the JBT IS target platform
instead."

*If you do not*, please place a comment in the JIRA [1] similar to this:

   "+1 to remove, project ____ does not use these."