[jbosstools-dev] [Soa-tools-list] Locus 1.1.0 is released

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Mon Oct 21 10:20:12 EDT 2013

Guys, it's really simple.

If you use a pre-release *integration* build, with "SNAPSHOT" or "Alpha"
in its name [1], then there's a chance that anything can change,
including version numbers going backwards. (It's not ideal, but sh!t
happens.)

[1]
http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/integration/locus/1.1.0.Alpha1-B41/

On the other hand, if you use a .Final release (which curiously doesn't
have .Final in its name), then we guarantee that something back-in-timey
won't happen.

[2]
https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/unzip/unzip/org/jboss/tools/locus/update.site/1.1.0/update.site-1.1.0.zip-unzip/

Aside: it's kind of too bad that the index.html page for that site [2]
says "Nightly Build". Would have liked to have fixed that before
releasing it to Nexus, where it can't be fixed. Also would have been
nice to include .Final on there.

Meanwhile, on download.jboss.org, I *CAN* fix those issues [3].

[3] http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/stable/locus/1.1.0.Final/

(Which is another reason I prefer apache server to nexus.)

Cheers,