[jbosstools-dev] How should we deal with components of projects which have not changed since JBT 4.1.0.Final (eg., jbosstools-base/runtime) ?

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Mon Sep 30 07:27:38 EDT 2013

> i'm leaning more and more towards the continous composite site is
> causing more damage and hiding more issues
> than it is worth having.
The big benfit of this continuous composite site is what you describe here:
> [...]some components (such as JST) probably have too high a dependency
> on Common in base to make it feasible...but if we could have these
> components explicitly point to a "snapshot" of the site (not the
> composited site) until release time this might be doable.
We'll need standardized URLs, and we'll need each component to define
its dependencies in a pom.
Then we can go for configuation such as

<properties>
   <buildType>snapshot</buildType> <!-- Can be snapshot, integration, release -->
</properties>

<repository>
   <layout>p2</layout>
   <url>http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/jbosstools-base/1.4.0/${buildType}</url>
</repository>

The URL pattern needs to control required version (set in pom), and
buildType (default value in pom, overridable via command-line).
We can't easily use a target definition for that as they don't allow
properties.

--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat <http://www.jboss.org/tools>