[jbosstools-dev] Writing non-regression tests with SWTBot

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Mon Aug 4 04:15:58 EDT 2014

Hi,

In order to provide a sustainable fix for JBIDE-18031, I'd like to write
a small test that reproduce the error scenario. I've tried adding it to
the org.jboss.tools.central.tests suite but these tests seem to run in
UI Thread, so it's complicated to write a good test since every action
of the test is blocking UI. Ideally, I'd like to have tests out of the
UI Thread, using SWTBot.
Should I create a new test bundle for such tests running out of UI Thread?

Cheers,
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat <http://www.jboss.org/tools>