[jbosstools-dev] ASTools 3.0 to be merged Wednessday (today)

Rob Stryker rstryker at redhat.com
Tue Feb 4 18:17:29 EST 2014

Hi All:

So a lot of work has gone on to get astools 3.0 in progress with a new
api and internal structure. Tonight I managed to get a green build
locally, and so it looks like we may actually squeeze it in for Thursday.

One thing everyone needs to take note of is that the version is now 3.0,
and so all dependency version ranges should be updated in your own
plugins to reflect this. Also, if you have binary deps on any astools
classes, please give it a runthrough (as soon as its available) to
verify that there's no code api breakages that affect you.

The branch can be found here:
https://github.com/robstryker/jbosstools-server/tree/JBIDE-15915

If you can, check it out, import it into your workspace, and tell me if
anything breaks.

The details of what's changed is basically that the "serverBehavior" has
been completely rewritten, as well as lots of the underlying logic. If
you were previously reaching into non-public api, you may be broken. If
you previously depended on adapting a server into a "serverbehavior" (or
any of their subclasses) you may also be affected.

Most other logic should still work, but it depends how you're going
about it. If there are breakages, we'll be reverting the change. But our
goal for right now is to get devs to smoke-test it and make sure it works.

Thanks for all your time.

- Rob Stryker