[jbosstools-dev] Update Target Platform 4.40.0.Alpha2-SNAPSHOT to Luna M5

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Thu Feb 6 05:09:06 EST 2014

On 02/06/2014 09:19 AM, Max Andersen wrote:
> It's slow vs it's faster
This seems to be a misconception. I let you try the following scenario:
At the same time
* start "mvn clean verify -Dmultile-to-repo.includeSources=true" on
jbosstools-target-platforms/jbosstools/multiple
* Import TP in workspace and click "Set as Target Platform", or (often
better) go to Preferences > PDE > Target-Platform, select the new TP and
click "Apply"
The first one to finish is declared winner.

 From my place, IDE takes about 15 minutes to have TP loaded (I tried 3
times), whereas I started mirroring with Maven 50 minutes ago and it's
still running.

> [TP in IDE] needs to download everything on every new workspace
That's true. But since mirroring takes more than 3 times more time, then
it's the same time to update TP in 3 different workspace. There is no
time saved by mirroring TP with Maven except if you're using it in more
that 4 workspace.

> It often fails
I wish you would report it when it happens, so we can find out the
reason and hopefully fix it.

So I confirm and insist that I still (and will probably always)
recommend using directly .target in IDE, because it's simpler and more
efficient.
https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-devdoc/blob/master/building/target_platforms/target_platforms_for_consumers.md#load-in-ide
--
Mickael Istria