[jbosstools-dev] IMPORTANT: Testing in PDE is *never* enough

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 06:21:04 EST 2014

Hi team,

The last two blocking issues for Alpha2:

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-16572 and
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-16430

shows that yet again we need to remember that it is *not* sufficient to
test your plugin
in isolation from your perfect development environment.

In this case it was a missing plugin entry in feature.xml and a bug in
Luna M5 that would have been
visible several weeks ago.

Yes, it is human to error and failure is much better than no progress at
all.

But QE should not have to fight so easily avoidable and basic failures
like this.

Please take the time necessary to try out your plugins new feature in
the actually distributed
environment with all plugins installed and we would not have to hustle
so close to the release.

This time combines pretty well together with writing your New and
noteworthy https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-16551
which also is part of the code freeze week.

Thanks,