[jbosstools-dev] $0 subscription downloads - Stacks integration with download manager

Rob Stryker rstryker at redhat.com
Fri Feb 21 15:05:03 EST 2014

> Okey I'm lost here. Aren't the URL the downloadmanager can be handed
> the exact same as what a browser can open and the user will be walked
> through the urls ?

The "url" the download manager is handed isn't really a url, but is more
of a filesystem path.  Something like
"/content/sha256/2342343242/some-name.zip".   So there's no way to open
this string in a web browser.

However, if I misunderstood your question,  I still believe the answer
is no. If you go to the rest service URLs directly in a web browser,
such as
{server}/rest/tc?downloadURL=/content/sha256/234234324/some-download.zip, you
will never be walked through a web browser workflow for signing the
terms and conditions.  As far as I can tell, the download portion of the
website is merely a consumer of the download-manager, and, based on what
the download-manager returns, will show different content.