[jbosstools-dev] Use of sapphire in jboss tools projects ?

Rob Cernich rcernich at redhat.com
Tue Feb 25 10:44:09 EST 2014

> >> I have also considered it for the cordova config.xml editor. However,
> >> wanted my editor to be more than an xml editor and have actions for
> >> running,
> >> plugin configs etc. This meant a lot of custom code and I could not
> >> easily
> >> see a way to accomplish some of them (different layouts on the editor
> >> for
> >> instance) so decided not to use it.
> >> --
> >> Gorkem
> >
> > That was another issue we came across: documentation. It was difficult
> > to figure out how to customize things.
>
> does this
> http://www.eclipse.org/sapphire/documentation/latest/index.html looks
> better or worse than what you recall ?
>
> besides custom layout it seem to be pretty flexible from why I can see -
> but wondering if the devil is in the details ;)

As long as you stay on the fairway, you shouldn't have any problems.  I think, some of the EE descriptor editors have been migrated to Sapphire.  If you're happy with the UI and the way it's structured, it is pretty nice.  If we didn't have a requirement for a graphical editor, we'd probably still be using it.  I don't recall how/if it integrates with SSE.

As I recall, customization was difficult to figure out.  It looks like the basic mechanism for this may have changed, but I don't remember enough to say.