[jbosstools-dev] Compilation failure in Seam

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Tue Jul 1 03:09:10 EDT 2014

On 07/01/2014 12:54 AM, Daniel Azarov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We got compilation failure in Seam Tools again.
> (Seehttps://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-17729)
>
> The cause is that org.jboss.tools.hibernate.spi.IConfiguration was changed.
>
> It is not good to change public API without full build tested.
>
> At least Seam Tools depends on hibernate.
> Please when you change public API in Hibernate be sure Seam compiles too.
Also, I suggest all bundles that depends on this IConfiguration change
and that requires backward-incompatible changes to update the version
range of their dependency on the hibernate bundle but setting current
version as minVersion.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat <http://www.jboss.org/tools>