[jbosstools-dev] Upcoming target-platform 4.40.0.Beta4

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Wed Jul 2 03:13:51 EDT 2014

On 07/02/2014 02:39 AM, Denis Golovin wrote:
> On 07/01/2014 11:23 AM, Mickael Istria wrote:
>> IMO, there is no point in freezing code if TP is not frozen. TP is
>> upstream of JBT/JBDS, it's the first thing we should freeze.
> It is not perfect to have changes after code freeze, but it is not a
> blocker for it. That's why we have respins.
Respins are a bad practice we got too much used to. Anyway...
Regarding TP release, then if you're sure there will be changes, It
won't be released before it's complete for Beta3 in order to avoid extra
useless effort. So first spins of JBT will be built against TP
4.40.0.Beta3-SNAPSHOT.
We can just *hope* the TP changes that will happen after Code Freeze
won't break all components...

--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat <http://www.jboss.org/tools>