[jbosstools-dev] ACTION REQUIRED: POSSIBLE BETA3 BLOCKER with forge or m2e (JBIDE-17700)

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 18:56:41 EDT 2014

The only place where Forge directly interacts with plexus is here:

https://github.com/forge/core/blob/master/maven/impl-projects/src/main/java/org/jboss/forge/addon/maven/projects/PlexusContainer.java#L26

As you can see, we make sure to always restore the TCCL after invoking it
(using
https://github.com/forge/furnace/blob/master/container-api/src/main/java/org/jboss/forge/furnace/util/ClassLoaders.java#L21),
because Plexus is... well... nasty and does nasty things. There was one
place where we did not do this, but don't think it's the source of the
error described above... however, just for paranoia's sake, I've added this
TCCL protection in the shutdown method as well:

https://github.com/forge/core/commit/37970feeb

~Lincoln

--
Lincoln Baxter, III