[jbosstools-dev] Proposed change to JBT 4.40.Beta4-SNAPSHOT target platform: remove {egit/jgit}, update {m2e-wro4j, tern, angularJS}, add {vpe.cordovasim, maven.jbosspackaging, common.mylyn}

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Fri Jul 4 16:52:51 EDT 2014

The only reason we put the stuff into the installer/update site in the
first place was so it would be accessible to Central. 2/3rds of the
features were entirely hidden (not categorized) and one was in the
"Additional Tools" bucket, so not part of the Branded Product or Core
Features.

Therefore, since it's not really accessible to users, and we WANT to
expose it from Central, it makes sense to move it out of the JBDS update
site and into Central, where it belongs.

The added bonus to offline users is that we have saved them a whopping
853M of unnecessary download.

Seems like a win to me, but in all things, YMMV.

Have a good weekend,

Nick

> On 4 Jul 2014, at 17:30, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>
>> On 4 Jul 2014, at 4:33, Nick Boldt wrote:
>>
>>> These 6 PRs have been applied, plus a couple more to remove
>>> org.jboss.tools.vpe.cordovasim.feature,
>>> org.jboss.tools.maven.jbosspackaging.feature, and
>>> org.jboss.tools.common.mylyn.feature from JBDS in master and Beta3x.