[jbosstools-dev] Central build failure

Snjezana Peco snjezana.peco at redhat.com
Tue Jul 8 08:57:39 EDT 2014

On 7/7/2014 7:10 PM, Snjezana Peco wrote:
> On 7/7/2014 1:03 PM, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:

>>> This was already reported for master, and I just removed the Jacoco
>>> step from build to get it working. So Hibernate doesn't have Jacoco
>>> coverage any more.
>>> I'm not sure your patch is better than just disabling jacoco. Since it
>>> ignores all stuff from hibernate, the results of coverage for
>>> Hibernate will most likely become quite useless, so IMO, just removing
>>> the Jacoco step for Hibernate on branch would have been a cleaner fix
>>> that implementing exceptions in the script (that we'll for sure forget
>>> to remove if one day we re-enable Jacoco for Hibernate builds).
>> I still don't get why this is suddenly a new problem -  hibernate tools
>> have for years had multiple versions of the same classnames because it
>> has multiple version support.
>>
>> What is so different about these?
> I am not sure, but the
> org.jboss.tools.hibernate.proxy.SessionFactoryProxy class is a new
> class. I will try to reproduce the issue locally.

The issue can be reproduced locally. Excluding
org.jboss.tools.hibernate.proxy.*.class from the classfiles element
fixes it. It seems that only some duplicate classes break jacoco.
Hibernate also contains duplicate classes in the
org.jboss.tools.hibernate.util package, but they don't cause any issues.

Snjeza