[jbosstools-dev] Esprima

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Fri Jul 11 06:07:58 EDT 2014

On 10 Jul 2014, at 20:59, Angelo zerr wrote:

>> On 07/10/2014 07:34 AM, Angelo zerr wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I don't know very good esprima, but is esprima can be compared to
>> tern
>> (which is javascript inference engine) or just be compared to acorn?
>> If esprima is like acorn, can we use esprima inside tern? Is it
>> interesting (for performance for example)?
>>
>> There is a Speed Comparison page http://esprima.org/test/compare.html
>>

> Thank's denis. With my Chrome, it seems acorn is the faster. I love so
> tern:)

the challenge with Tern vs Esprima is that one is now EPL and used in
Orion
and thus could be used as extension in/to Eclipse JSDT - the other is
neither.

Is there anything stopping us from using epsrima as alternative to tern
as basis
of eclipse javascript tooling ? With that we could to cross development
on both
the web and desktop based IDE's at eclipse?