[jbosstools-dev] Proposed change to JBT 4.40.Beta4-SNAPSHOT target platform for Jboss Central: update SpringIDE

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Wed Jul 16 09:08:38 EDT 2014

> On 15 Jul 2014, at 17:52, Nick Boldt wrote:
>
>> Here is a proposal for 1 change to the JBoss Tools
>> 4.40.0.Beta4-SNAPSHOT target platform for JBoss Central):
>
>> https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-download.jboss.org/pull/383
>> https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-discovery/pull/196
>
>> It consists of the following change:
>>
>> * JBDS-2956 - Update to Spring IDE 3.6 in Central
>>
>> --
>>
>> The above PRs have not been applied (to allow time to complain / reject
>> / pull an even *newer* version of Tern),
> one of the above PR's are applied and why is this related to Tern ?

Yes, the one that simply creates the new mirror was applied because
there's nothing to approve there. I should have removed the bit about
Tern -- was copying from previous notification email template.

> The change looks fine for me, mainly relevant for QE to verify if
> SpringIDE 3.6 works/fixes the issues.

They've already done that.

> I don't really see how the above relates to testing of *JBoss Central*
> target platform ?
> The above wont work since there is *no* 4.40.Beta4-SNAPSHOT for the
> actual jbosstools-target-platform.

Again, I used the default template & didn't insert jbosstools-discovery
in place of jbosstools-target-platforms. But there IS a JBT
4.40.0.Beta4-SNAPSHOT target platform:

http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/targetplatforms/jbosstoolstarget/4.40.0.Beta4-SNAPSHOT/

> Aren't you mixing up .target platforms here ?

Yes, I did. Apologies.

Anyway, as it's been a day and no one has said no to applying the above
PR, I'll do so and rebuild the Central TP in both master and Beta3x
branches so that Spring 3.6 will now be included.