[jbosstools-dev] Eclipse process vs just OSS RE: Nodeclipse IDE (or components) in JBoss Tools?

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Mon Jun 2 05:13:03 EDT 2014

On 05/30/2014 10:25 AM, Paul Verest wrote:
> Hello All
Hi,

> I have signed CLA (not connected to any project),
> but that was to not look like a outsider/stranger,
> as I noticed quite often communication goes between eclipse committers
> that seems to know each other well,
> while some post from users (in some project) may be overlooked.
It's true that most contributors are more involved in -dev mailing-list
and Bugzilla discussions than in providing user assistance on forums.
> That of course has its reason as often those bugs are not of good
> examples of problem reporting.
> => Instead of showing CLA tags that divides users into 2 categories,
> it would be better to have link to Eclipse profile,
> where it could be seen for example that the person is contributor in
> those project or is active on Eclipse forums etc.

Any suggestion can be posted to
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Community . That's
where you'd get the best feedback and the more chances to have your idea
turned into an actual change.

--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat <http://www.jboss.org/tools>