[jbosstools-dev] Github commits w/o link to JIRA

Alexey Kazakov akazakov at exadel.com
Tue Jun 10 18:52:55 EDT 2014

Hi,

This is just a reminder for all developers, please don't forget to start
commit messages with the link to the corresponding JIRA.
It makes life of the rest of the team much easer when we need to track
or investigate changes in someones (or even in your own) code.
For example I see only a few commits with proper messages in
https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-forge/commits/master and
https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-hibernate/commits/master
The practice when there is a mix of small (sometimes atomic) changes
related to different tasks (= JIRA) is not helping either :(
Ideally it should be one commit for one repo/branch for one JIRA (when
possible). And the message of the commit starts with a short link to the
JIRA: JBIDE-XYZ

Thanks.