[jbosstools-dev] Eclipse WTP/XML Search, are you interested?

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Tue May 6 05:15:06 EDT 2014

On 05/05/2014 10:27 PM, Angelo zerr wrote:
> Thank's Max for your answer.
>
> > Same as when we talked last - any reason why you don't volunteer to
> maintain it on eclipse side ?
>
> Using Github was very easy for me for WTP/XML Search. More Pascal
> helps me a lot for the maven build.
Eclipse infrastructure is also open.
It provides Git, Gerrit, Jenkins, Sonar... Jenkins can be used to
validate Gerrit patches similarly to how Travis validates GitHub pull
requests.
IMO, it would make sense to contribute it to webtools incubator:
http://git.eclipse.org/c/webtools/org.eclipse.webtools.incubator.git/

> But I'm agree to maintain it (I do that with my profesionnal project).
> I must just find time to contribute to Eclipse WTP.
I see your projects embeds some components that are specific to Struts
and/or Liferay for example. So it would need to go through an IP/license
check if you want to move it to WebTools.
If they are not license compatible with Eclipse, then this repo would
need to be split so that incompatible extension would be in another repo
(that you could promote via marketplace for example).
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat <http://www.jboss.org/tools>