[jbosstools-dev] Failing tests in JavaEE for JBT 4.2.1.CR1

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Sun Nov 23 22:53:10 EST 2014

TL;DR:

If you have tests that fail in Jenkins (like the JavaEE project), please
disable them or fix them so that the whole test suite can run cleanly,
and all downstream jobs will also run correctly.

Ref: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-18818

---

Tests that time out due to blocking UI or other thread lock result in
builds that are recorded as ABORTED [0]. This isn't a problem in terms
of publishing new content because the build runs quickly, publishes the
new bits, and THEN starts running tests.

[0]
https://jenkins.mw.lab.eng.bos.redhat.com/hudson/job/jbosstools-javaee_4.2.luna/buildTimeTrend

But where it IS a problem is where we use a buildflow job to run the
whole stack of JBT projects. Buildflows will also abort if they
encounter an aborted job [1] -- see screenshot.

[1]
https://jenkins.mw.lab.eng.bos.redhat.com/hudson/job/jbosstools-buildflow_4.2.luna/

Why is this a problem? Because when we do a weekend spin, not all the
projects in the stack are guaranteed to rebuild to verify all the
downstream component tests all still work.