[jbosstools-dev] ACTION REQUIRED: Time to test out Tycho 0.22.0 for master branch builds

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Wed Nov 26 12:51:35 EST 2014

On 26 Nov 2014, at 15:33, Nick Boldt wrote:

> Some cool changes [1] are coming in Tycho 0.22, which should be
> released
> shortly.
>
> * *INCOMPATIBLE* Bundle-RequireExecutionEnvironment (BREE) changes

I would not call incompatible changes Cool ;)

But looks like this was a bug in tycho anyway and we should just not
have multiple BREE's in our manifest files.

> * source bundle inclusion in target platforms

yeah, this is Mistria's work (at least that there is a flag for it!)

> * JDT prefs

This is interesting!

> * support for JRE 1.8
> * support for things like ${project.version} in a build.properties
> file

definitely interesting.

> * newer version of Surefire
> * using Surefire w/ specific JDK set by test bundle's BREE

I'm wondering if that will be useful for us.

> * updated to use Mars M3
>
> I've already noticed one problem: our repository-utils don't work w/
> 0.22:
>
>> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> org.jboss.tools.tycho-plugins:repository-utils:0.21.0:generate-repository-facade
> (generate-facade) on project parent: Execution generate-facade of goal
> org.jboss.tools.tycho-plugins:repository-utils:0.21.0:generate-repository-facade
> failed: A required class was missing while executing
> org.jboss.tools.tycho-plugins:repository-utils:0.21.0:generate-repository-facade:
> org/eclipse/tycho/core/facade/BuildProperties

thats not surprising since its using API from tycho - so I guess a
release of this plugin is at least needed before we can consider update.

/max