[jbosstools-dev] ACTION REQUIRED: Should there be 2 versions of javax.servlet in JBDS?

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Wed Apr 15 17:56:12 EDT 2015

Just wondering if anyone knows WHY we include javax.servlet 3.0.0 and
3.1.0 in JBDS.

More importantly... SHOULD we be including both? Or can we just include
3.1.0 and drop 3.0.0?

If we need both, then that's fine -- I'll add another exclusion rule to
versionwatch [1]. But if we only need the newer one, that's even better.

[1]
https://github.com/jbdevstudio/jbdevstudio-qa/blob/master/vwatch/src/main/resources/multiple-version-ignore.properties

Looking into our 4.50.x target platforms [2], I see we explicitly add
javax.servlet 3.0.0 but don't add 3.1.0.

[2]
https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-target-platforms/blob/4.50.x/jbdevstudio/multiple/jbdevstudio-multiple.target#L32

Maybe we should remove the 3.0.0 version from the target platform for
Alpha2, and see if anything breaks? 8-D