[jbosstools-dev] Creation of pom.xml property for skipTestOrITest for parent pom.xml

Rob Stryker rstryker at redhat.com
Wed Apr 15 20:45:17 EDT 2015

My jboss/wf runtimes are being downloaded via my integration tests, even
when -DskipTests is selected, because my integration test pom.xml has
<skip>${skipITests}</skip> in it.  Until now, there was no easily
recognized way to make a new property that could 'or' skipTests with
skipITests.

So I've added this to my pom in one of my topic branches, and it seems
to work exactly how we'd want it to. It basically functions via a regex,
puts ${skipTests}${skipITests}, and performs a regex replacement to make
the value either "true" or blank. This property can later be used in my
<skip> section.

If anyone thinks this property should be available for parent pom, I'd
suggest you take it and make it available to all other modules who might
have integration tests with heavy dependencies.

Otherwise, I'll just keep it in my local pom for my itests.

             <plugin>
                 <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
<artifactId>build-helper-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                 <version>1.7</version>
                 <executions>
                     <execution>
                         <id>regex-property</id>
                         <goals>
                             <goal>regex-property</goal>
                         </goals>
                         <configuration>
                             <name>skipTestOrITest</name>
<value>${skipTests}${skipITests}</value>
<regex>((..skipTests.)?(true)?((..skipITests.)|(null)|(true)|(false))?)</regex>
<replacement>$3</replacement>
<failIfNoMatch>false</failIfNoMatch>
                         </configuration>
                     </execution>