[jbosstools-dev] ACTION REQUIRED: Alpha2 Code Freeze is TODAY (April 16, 2015)

Alexey Kazakov akazakov at exadel.com
Thu Apr 16 16:34:21 EDT 2015

On 04/16/2015 01:13 PM, Nick Boldt wrote:
> Open to suggestions for how to make the upstream components already
> built before they're branched. Do you want me to bootstrap with the
> previous milestone so you're building against Alpha1 bits instead of
> Alpha2 ones?
>
> Also wondering why, if your sources in master are building blue, you're
> worried they'll suddenly be red when all you've done is create a branch
> point. Surely if your master job is blue you can branch safely?
Then our Jira descriptions for code freezes are not correct since they
tell component leads to verify the build is working/no test failures
BEFORE brahcning:
3. Ensure you've built & run your plugin tests using the latest target
platform version 4.50.0.Alpha2;

mvn clean verify -Dtpc.version=4.50.0.Alpha2

from https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-19608
Anyway, if I need to test any last minute changes or the new target
platform, whatever. I cannot do it for the upcoming version which we are
code freezing. I can do it for master only.

And BTW I have never faced this problem before. Did we change anything?