[jbosstools-dev] ACTION REQUIRED: Project leads, please tag your projects [ branch jbosstools-4.3.0.Alpha2x -> tag jbosstools-4.3.0.Alpha2 ]

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Thu Apr 30 19:17:47 EDT 2015

On 30 Apr 2015, at 22:54, Nick Boldt wrote:

> jbosstools-4.2.3.Final tag created for jbosstools-build (even though
> we
> still have https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-19744 open pending a
> fix).

since that fix was not in when we did 4.2.3.Final then that is the
correct state to tag.

> For these 2 projects below, branches don't exist for 4.3.0.Alpha2x so
> could not create tags. Will create branches for Beta1x and tag next
> time.
>
> * jbosstools-build-ci

This one seem to be the important one since it has the jenkins jobs in
use etc.

> * jbosstools-download.jboss.org

This one I wasn't sure about - might just make sense to do like we do
for website.
tag when we push changes live ?

> Do you need me to compute which old SHAs map to old tags like
> 4.0.0.Final or 4.1.0.Beta1? Since those releases are done and we will
> only ever be building forward from 4.2.x (after 4.2.3.Final) and 4.3.x
> (after 4.3.0.Alpha2), do we need to go back into the past to create
> old
> tags?

so I created a script that takes a csv file in this format:

orgname/reponame1, sha1
orgname/reponame2, sha1

and does tagging across all repo listed with name given as input.

Now, we have for years said we gathered what went into our builds (repos
and their sha1's).

So here is the test for that  - can you provide me with those so we can
generate that csv file
and we can fix the tags easily for missed pass commits ? (doesn't have
to be today today, but just to
know how hard it would be to get this info we've said we collected per
build)

...and we can setup this script for future
releases too.

/max