[jbosstools-dev] m2e 1.6.2 RC1 and m2e 1.7.0 M1 are available

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Wed Aug 19 16:58:44 EDT 2015

On 19 Aug 2015, at 17:34, Nick Boldt wrote:

> Yes, but we won't be updating our 4.50.0.CR1-SNPASHOT tp for another 2
> weeks, in order to collect more Mars.1 (previously called Mars SR1)
> changes at the same time.
>
> Paul's agreed to simply pull the 1.6.2 bits into his TP directly
> (since he needs it for his Alpha release this week). He's already
> doing that w/ Graphiti 0.13, so it's no big whoop to do it for another
> almost-in-Mars.1 project, too.

eh..wat? did not see any notice about this m2e issue being related to
JBDS-IS ?

In past having JBDS-IS duplicate/change core dependencies was a big
no-no
and are we sure this will actually work when running an update/install
on top ?

Just seems it would be way simpler we respun our TP with the right bits
rather
than we have to remember to retract this from the JBTIS/JBDS-IS TP in
their next
update.

> We can of course update it sooner / a few times, but less churn is
> better, unless you're worried that devs need to start using something
> from Mars.1 SOONER than 2 weeks from now?

well, you just mentioned JBDS-IS apparently needs it now not later ?