[jbosstools-dev] Can we bump TP in jbosstools-4.3.x to 4.51.2.Beta1?

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Wed Dec 9 10:04:41 EST 2015

On 12/09/2015 03:56 PM, André Dietisheim wrote:
> I added org.eclipse.swt 3.104.1 as required plugins to openshift.ui
> and express.ui, shouldnt this trigger updated swt to get installed
> along JBT?
> https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-openshift/pull/838
People who're using Mars.0 and installing this OpenShift version will
see a remediation page that will force them to update their whole IDE to
Mars.1 (because SWT version is hardcoded in Platform, and using newer
SWT implies using newer Platform).
I don't know if this is something we want to enforce or not. I'm
personally OK with dictating users to use the newer/better version, but
you'll need other people to agree on that before forcing such a change.

--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat <http://www.jboss.org/tools>