[jbosstools-dev] Can we bump TP in jbosstools-4.3.x to 4.51.2.Beta1?

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Thu Dec 10 07:07:36 EST 2015

>>> Can I?
>>
>> There is no easy/good way to make it work with both Mars.0 and Mars.1
>> ?
>>

> a bit more details: the root swt bug resulted in all labels being
> identical:
> https://issues.jboss.org/secure/attachment/12395742/bad-labels-tree.png
> the workaround we currently have in place is to turn ownerdraw off for
> trees. This works in Mars.0 and Mars.1 but isnt great, label
> decorations are black like the main label which makes items hard to
> read.
> The only way I see to fix this is by using the fixed swt plug which
> isnt available for Mars0 afaik (fixed swt starts with 3.104.1).

Okey, but how about have at startup of the plugin check the SWT version
and if it is the broken one disable custom painting and
use the default if it is not the broken version ?

Then you can build and install against Mars.0 but still work better when
users install on Mars.1+

Seems like the simplest/best option ?

>> Do we know of other bugs that we have that would benefit from Mars.1
>> ?
>
> I know that several swt issue were fixed I couldnt tell you by heart
> which ones. Maybe @Snjezana knows?

What I mean - this single issue (like Alexey and others pointed out too)
seems too minor to incur on everyone
running Mars.0 to get the remediation dialog.

Thus I was looking for more severe issues that would make it worthwhile
to force Mars.1.