[jbosstools-dev] Anonymous Downloads for Alpha release, JBT, and Stacks

Rob Stryker rstryker at redhat.com
Fri Feb 6 07:30:10 EST 2015

Hey all:

I've made a comment over on https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-18709
investigating the issue of anonymous downloads as it pertains to alpha
releases, stacks, and JBT as a group.

It'd be good if those addressed directly above (david, rafael) had a
look just so that everyone's aware of the issues of adding any Alpha
release to JBoss Stacks.

The tl;dr of it is:  if we do add alpha releases to stacks, we must
still use the jdf URL, and we must still set requiresCredentials=true,
even though it's not accurate. Otherwise we risk breaking older releases
of JBT.

Any questions or comments are welcome and encouraged on the jira issue
directly.

Thanks in advance.

- Rob Stryker