[jbosstools-dev] Anonymous Downloads for Alpha release, JBT, and Stacks

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Mon Feb 9 04:45:00 EST 2015

On 6 Feb 2015, at 16:21, Rob Stryker wrote:

> OK David:
>
> So after discussion with Max, having the stacks.yaml say
> requiresCredentials=true when it doesn't, just to work around the
> existing workflow,  is wrong and we shouldn't do that.

To be clear - since the intent of the Alpha releases are to be available
to everyone with or without jboss.org username requiring credentials
would be wrong.

Of course if we can't actually get the server side to behave like it is
really anonymous then
we could be forced to do this.

> Is there any chance we can get the JDF url on download manager to do
> the
> following?
>
> 1) Check if the requested file is set to Anonymous Download
> 2) If yes,
>   a) Check if it looks like we're coming from a browser (either by
> checking user agent or response flags)
>   b) if yes, do the website stuff, else
>   c) just return the file as if it was a normal wget
>
> Basically, what we're requesting is that a wget
> http://www.jboss.org/download-manager/jdf/file/jboss-eap-6.4.0.Alpha.zip
> just downloads the file if it looks like we're not a browser.

+1, if the content is anonymously available might just as well hand it
out directly without
showing the html page when the one requesting it is not a browser.

/max