[jbosstools-dev] The Results Are in! Re: survey - on git push notifications in irc

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Mon Feb 23 05:12:48 EST 2015

Heya,

Thanks for the 15 responses - the result is in. See details in attached
PDF.

Here is what I read out of the results:

Majority likes the git push and PR notifications. So they are staying
enabled.

So far so good, but we basically have a 1/3 split between staying in 1
room,
don't care and split to multiple rooms.

There is also a mention on how to manually configure irc client to
ignore jbossbot...
if that is necessary then it is a problem and jbossbot is doing more
harm than good.

And looking at activity otherwise on
http://transcripts.jboss.org/channel/irc.freenode.org/%23jbosstools/latest.stats.html
jbossbot is generating *alot* of content; and most is git push/PR
messages.

Thus I would say the 1/3 split should fall to the suggestion of getting
jbossbot PR notifications to
a separate room.

And looking at the question on wether we should have one room for all
PR/pushes or
group them then the majority have spoken wishing for just a single room
with a 53% win.

Thus i'm going to work on getting #jbosstools-dev setup for the PR
commit/push notifications.

I'll let you know when ready.

/max